“The Belly and the Members” is one of the many fables of Aesop (pronounced as “ee-sawp”). In this fable, some parts of the body go on strike after realizing that the belly was the only one getting the food. I wrote a Filipino fable based on Aesop’s tale, with each body part giving an argument for their being the most important of all.
This fable may be used as an introduction to a lesson on the parts of the body. It may be read aloud to younger students. It may also be used as reading practice for Grade 4 students (or older) who can read Filipino fairly well.
By downloading this PDF file, you agree to the following:
- This PDF file is for personal and classroom use ONLY.
- You may print this PDF file and distribute the printouts to your children or students, but you MAY NOT distribute the printouts to other parents or teachers.
- You MAY NOT share digital copies of this PDF file with anyone. Just refer them to samutsamot.com.
- You MAY NOT print and distribute this PDF file for profit or use it for any commercial purpose.
- You MAY NOT upload this PDF file or any part of it in any other website such as (but not limited to) Scribd or SlideShare, or cloud storage sites such as (but not limited to) Google Drive or Dropbox.
If you have any questions regarding the use of this PDF file, you may e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the link below to open the 2-page PDF file in another tab. If you would like to suggest an improvement to the story, please leave a comment below.