The four pdf worksheets below are about Filipino proper and common nouns. These worksheets are appropriate for students in the second to fourth grades. It is best to judge for yourself whether the worksheets are appropriate for the child or student.
You may print and distribute these worksheets to your children or students, but you may not do so for profit. The worksheets are easy enough, so I did not include answer keys.
1. Pagkilala sa Tiyak o Di-tiyak na Pangngalan_3 : This 20-item worksheet asks the student to classify the Filipino nouns into the two categories: pangngalang tiyak (proper noun/pangngalang pantangi) and pangngalang di-tiyak (common noun/pangngalang pambalana). The first page uses uppercase letters for proper nouns. The second page uses lowercase letters for both proper and common nouns.
2. Pagtatambal ng mga Pangngalan_1 : This 15-item worksheet asks the student to match the Filipino common noun to its corresponding proper noun. The first page uses the terms di-tiyak na pangngalan and tiyak na pangngalan. The second page uses the terms pangngalang pambalana and pangngalang pantangi.
3. Pagtatambal ng mga Pangngalan_2 : This 15-item worksheet asks the student to match the Filipino proper noun to its corresponding common noun. The first page uses the terms tiyak na pangngalan and di-tiyak na pangngalan. The second page uses the terms pangngalang pantangi and pangngalang pambalana.
4. Pagbigay ng Pangngalang Pantangi_2 : In each item, three proper nouns are given. The proper nouns are part of a group. The student is asked to give another proper noun that belongs to the group.
Similar worksheets may be found in the following previous posts: Pangngalan Worksheets, Pangngalan Worksheets (Part 2), and Pangngalan Worksheets (Part 3) .
There are two main types of nouns, proper nouns (pangngalang pantangi) and common nouns (pangngalang pambalana). Common nouns may be classified further as concrete nouns (pangngalang tahas o kongkreto), abstract nouns (pangngalang basal o di-kongkreto), or collective nouns (pangngalang palansak o lansakan).
Mga Pangngalang Palansak : This is a list of Filipino collective nouns.
Uri ng Pangngalan: This 15-item worksheet asks the student to classify the underlined noun in the sentence as pantangi (proper) or pambalana (common). If the noun is a common noun, the student is asked to classify it as tahas, basal, or lansakan. The second page is the answer key.
Uri ng Pangngalang Pambalana_1 : This 20-item worksheet asks the student to classify common nouns as tahas, basal, or lansakan. The second page is the answer key.
Uri ng Pangngalang Pambalana_1 : This is another 20-item worksheet that asks the student to classify common nouns as tahas, basal, or lansakan. The second page is the answer key.
You may print and distribute these files to your children, students, or other parents or teachers, but you may not do so for profit.
If you need more information about Filipino concrete nouns and abstract nouns, how to distinguish between the two, and a long list of Filipino abstract nouns, go to my previous post Pangngalang Tahas at Basal.
The four pdf worksheets and their answer keys below are about Filipino nouns or pangngalan. They are appropriate for primary graders. Feel free to download, save, print, and distribute them to your children or students (or other parents or teachers). Please do not copy any part of the worksheets posted here and/or distribute them for profit.
1. Pangngalang Tiyak o Di-tiyak_1 ; Mga sagot sa Pangngalang Tiyak o Di-tiyak_1 : This 20-item worksheet asks the students to determine whether the underlined noun in the sentence is a common noun (pangngalang di-tiyak o pangngalang pambalana) or a proper noun (pangngalang tiyak o pangngalang pantangi).
2. Pangngalang Tiyak o Di-tiyak_2 ; Mga sagot sa Pangngalang Tiyak o Di-tiyak_2 : This 20-item worksheet asks the student to classify the given nouns into common nouns or proper nouns.
3. Pantangi at Pambalana_5 ; Mga sagot sa Pantangi at Pambalana_5 : This 20-item worksheet asks the student to match the common noun to its corresponding proper noun.
4. Piliin ang Tamang Pangngalan_1 ; Mga sagot sa Piliin ang Tamang Pangngalan_1 : This 15-item worksheet asks the student to select the correct noun that will complete a sentence.
The seven free pdf worksheets below deal with Filipino nouns or pangngalan. There are no answer keys given to worksheets which may have a variety of answers. Feel free to print these for your kids or students. Please do not use or reproduce them for profit.
For a lesson and worksheets on gender nouns, refer to a previous post on Kasarian ng Pangngalan.
1. Pangngalan_2 (Pagbigay ng pangngalang pambalana): This 20-item worksheet asks the student to give a fourth common noun (pangngalang pambalana) to a group of three common nouns that share a common characteristic.
2. Pangngalan_3 (Pagbigay ng pangngalang pantangi): This 20-item worksheet asks the student to give a fourth proper noun (pangngalang pantangi) to a group of three proper nouns that share a common characteristic.
3. Pangngalan_4 (Pagbigay ng kategorya ng pangngalan), Mga sagot sa Pangngalan_4: This 20-item worksheet asks the student to give the category to which the underlined noun in each sentence belongs (person, thing, animal, place, or event).
4. Pangngalan_5 (Pagbigay ng halimbawa ng pangngalan): This worksheet asks the student to give five examples of nouns (common or proper nouns) for each noun category (person, thing, animal, place, event, and concept/idea).
5. Pantangi at Pambalana_2 (Pagbigay ng halimbawa ng pangngalan): This 20-item worksheet asks the student to give a corresponding common or proper noun to the given noun.
6. Pantangi at Pambalana_3 (Pagbigay ng pangngalang pantangi): This 30-item worksheet asks the student to give a corresponding proper noun for each given common noun.
7. Pantangi at Pambalana_4 (Pagtukoy ng pambalana ng pangngalang pantangi): This 20-item worksheet asks the student to select the corresponding common noun of a given proper noun. The answers are given on the second page.
In October 2011, I posted “A few Filipino worksheets.” A reader asked me for the answers to the worksheets. As I worked on the answers, I found some errors and I added a few more information to the files. The pdf files below show the worksheets and the answers to them. Answers to future worksheets will be posted as separate pdf files.
Aralin sa Simuno at Panaguri , Simuno at Panaguri_1 , Mga sagot sa Simuno at Panaguri_1
Parirala o Pangungusap_1 , Mga sagot sa Parirala o Pangungusap_1
Uri ng Pangungusap_1 , Mga sagot sa Uri ng Pangungusap_1
Pantangi at Pambalana_1 , Mga Sagot sa Pantangi at Pambalana_1
Pang-uri_1 , Mga sagot sa Pang-uri_1
Panghalip na Panao_1 , Mga sagot sa Panghalip na Panao_1
Magkasingkahulugan at Magkasalungat_1 , Mga sagot sa Magkasingkahulugan at Magkasalungat_1
Kambal katinig_1 , Mga sagot sa Kambal katinig_1
Here are a few Filipino worksheets. Please feel free to print and use them at home for your children or make copies for your students. Please note that the author is not a Filipino teacher. She would appreciate it if you would point out any mistakes that you may find in the worksheets. Thank you.
Parirala o Pangungusap_1
Uri ng Pangungusap_1
Simuno at Panaguri_1
Pantangi at Pambalana_1
Panghalip na panao_1
Magkasingkahulugan at Magkasalungat_1