The three worksheets posted below practice the student’s skill in identifying the degree of comparison of a Filipino adjective (kaantasan ng pang-uri). The three degrees of comparison of Filipino adjectives are lantay (positive degree), pahambing (comparative degree), and pasukdol (superlative degree).
LANTAY (Positive degree)
The Filipino adjectives that are lantay denote a characteristic or property of a noun or pronoun. Examples of these adjectives are maganda, maliit, puro, mahaba, dilaw, luma, etc. For some adjectives, if the noun is plural, the first syllable of the root word is repeated (magaganda, maliliit, mahahaba, etc.).
PAHAMBING (Comparative degree)
The Filipino adjectives that are pahambing indicate that the noun or pronoun possesses the characteristic or property in a greater degree than another noun or pronoun. Two objects or persons are being compared here. The degree of comparison pahambing is classified into two types: paghahambing na patulad and paghahambing na di-patulad.
Paghahambing na patulad
In paghahambing na patulad, the two objects (or persons) being compared possess the property in the same degree. One is neither better nor worse than the other. In paghahambing na patulad, the following prefixes (unlapi) are used:
- magsing- / magsin- (for root words that begin with d, l, r, s, or t) / magsim- (for root words that begin with b or p)
- magkasing- / magkasin- (for root words that begin with d, l, r, s, or t) / magkasim- (for root words that begin with b or p)
- kasing- / kasin- (for root words that begin with d, l, r, s, or t) / kasim- (for root words that begin with b or p)
- sing- / sin- (for root words that begin with d, l, r, s, or t) / sim- (for root words that begin with b or p)
- ga- : This unlapi is used to indicate that an object has the same size as the word attached to the prefix ga-. Examples are gabutil (as small as a grain or kernel) and gabundok (as big as a mountain).
Paghahambing na di-patulad
In paghahambing na di-patulad, one of the objects or persons being compared possesses more or less of the quality or property. One is better or worse than the other.
Pahambing na palamang (paghahambing na di-patulad)
When the noun or pronoun (usually the subject of the sentence) being described by the pang-uri possesses MORE of a quality, the comparison is described to be palamang or pahambing na palamang. The words used with Filipino adjectives to indicate pahambing na palamang are the following:
- higit na…kaysa
- di-hamak na…kaysa
Pahambing na pasahol (paghahambing na di-patulad)
When the noun or pronoun (usually the subject of the sentence) being described by the pang-uri possesses LESS of a quality, the comparison is described to be pasahol or pahambing na pasahol. The words used with Filipino adjectives to indicate pahambing na palamang are the following:
- di-gaano/di-gaanong…na gaya/na tulad
- di-lubha/di-lubhang…na gaya/na tulad
- di-gasino/di-gasinong…na gaya/na tulad
- di-masyado/di-masyadong…na gaya/na tulad
PASUKDOL (Superlative degree)
Filipino adjectives that are pasukdol may be made by the following:
1. Adding the prefixes (unlapi) pinaka- or napaka-: pinakamaganda, napakalaki
2. Repeating the pang-uri: matalinong-matalino, payat na payat
3. Adding the words kay or ang before the repeated pang-uri:
Kay ganda-ganda ng mga bulaklak!
Ang baho-baho ng basura sa labas!
4. Adding the prefix pagka- to a repeated pang-uri: pagkabangu-bango, pagkaliit-liit
5. Using the following words before the pang-uri: ubod nang, saksakan nang, sukdulan nang, tunay na, talagang, hari ng, etc.
You may print and distribute the pdf worksheets below to your children or students, but you may not do so for profit. These worksheets are appropriate for Grade 6 students.
The two 15-item worksheets below ask the student to identify the degree of comparison of the underlined adjective in a sentence.
Pagtukoy sa Kaantasan ng Pang-uri_5
Pagtukoy sa Kaantasan ng Pang-uri_6
Patulad o Di-patulad na Paghahambing_1 : This 15-item worksheet asks the student to tell whether the indicated comparison in the sentence is patulad or di-patulad.
Paghahambing na Palamang o Pasahol_1 : This 10-item worksheet asks the student to tell whether the indicated comparison in the sentence is palamang or pasahol.
This Post Has 25 Comments
Maraming salamat po…napakalaking tulong po ang mga pagsasanay na ibinigay po ninyo.
thank you po sa worksheet niyo,malaking tulong po sa mga bata.
thank you so much po Mommy Pia God bless po
Hello! I just wanted to say that this website was very useful! I hope you don’t mind me using a part of it for my Filipino at at my school! Thanks so much!
Maraming Salamat po sa worksheet nyo,malaking tulong sa mga students ko . 🙂
Maraming salamat po ☺️God bless you po!
thank u so much…malaking tulong 2 sakin
Thank you very much. Your hard work is greatly appreciated. I do not know what I will do if it weren’t for you.
This is really helpful, thank you very much.
so far the best site to get worksheets that are very relevant and very now…salamat po
Maraming salamat po sa worksheets.. Malaking tulong po ito sa anak ko. 🙂
Salamat ng marami! 😀
Thank you very much for your help😜😜😜
Thank you very much great help!
All your worksheets have been really helpful to my son. Ty very much!
thanks so much….the worksheets helped me and my students…
thank you so much
Thank you!!! Learning Filipino is so much easier, because of you. thank you thank you. God bless your heart.
thanks a lot….. you’re such a big help!
Thank you so much for the worksheets.