This post is dedicated to Helen who requested for worksheets on kambal-katinig (consonant cluster) and diptonggo (diphthong).
The seven pdf worksheets below are about Filipino words with a consonant clusters (mga kambal-katinig) and Filipino words with diphthongs (mga diptonggo).
You may print and photocopy these worksheets for your children or students. Please do not copy and/or distribute them for profit.
The worksheets are for different grade levels. As teachers and parents, please select those worksheets appropriate for your students or children.
The consonant clusters in these worksheets include bl, br, kl, kr, dr, dy, dr, pl, pr, tr, and ts. Please note that the consonant cluster must be found in one syllable. Otherwise, it is not considered a consonant cluster or kambal-katinig. For example, the br in the word alambre is a kambal-katinig because the word is syllabicated as a-lam-bre, with br in one syllable.
On the other hand, the br in the word Abril is not a kambal-katinig because the word is syllabicated as Ab-ril.
Important note: Last year I posted a list of words with kambal-katinig and diptonggo in this post. I now realized that some of the words there were syllabicated incorrectly, such as the word Abra. (I consulted a Filipino dictionary with a copyright year of 2006. The rules in the syllabication of words have apparently been changed since then.) I will make the necessary corrections soon. Please refer to a Filipino dictionary for the correct syllabication of words.
The diphthongs included in these worksheets are /aw/, /ay/, /ey/, /iw/, /iy/, /oy/, and /uy/.
1. Pagkilala sa Kambal Katinig_1 : This 15-tem worksheet asks the student to circle the word with the consonant cluster in the sentence. (Most of the sentences also have a word with a diphthong.)
2. Pagkilala sa Kambal Katinig_2 : This 10-item worksheet asks the student to select the word with a consonant cluster. Each item has four words.
4. Pagkilala sa Diptonggo_1 : This 15-item worksheet asks the student to circle the word or words in the sentence with a diphthong. Then the student is asked to write the diphthong on the blank.
5. Pagkilala sa Diptonggo_2 : This 10-item worksheet asks the student to select the word with a diphthong. Each item has four words.
6. Pagkilala sa Kambal Katinig at Diptonggo_1 ; Mga sagot sa Pagkilala sa Kambal Katinig at Diptonggo_1: This 15-item worksheet asks the student to underline all the words in the sentence with a consonant cluster or a diphthong. Then the student is asked to write the letter K above the words with a consonant cluster, and the letter D above the words with a diphthong.
7. Pagkilala sa Kambal Katinig at Diptonggo_2 ; Mga sagot sa Pagkilala sa Kambal Katinig at Diptonggo_2 : This 15-item worksheet asks the student to draw a box around the word in the sentence with a consonant cluster and to underline the word with a diphthong. Each sentence has one word with a consonant cluster and one word with a diphthong.