Filipino words may be classified according to how they are formed. There are four main classifications of Filipino words: payak (root or base word), salitang maylapi (a word with one or more affixes), tambalang salita (compound word), and salitang inuulit (repeated words or words with one or more repeated syllables).
The PDF file below has two worksheets. Each worksheet asks the student to classify 40 words according to the four categories. The first two pages of the file are the blank worksheets and the last two pages are the answer keys.
These worksheets are for personal and multi-classroom use only. You may print and distribute these to your children or students, but you may not do so for profit or use it for any commercial purpose. You also may not upload this PDF file or any part of it in any other website such as Scribd or SlideShare, or cloud storage sites such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
Click on the link below, not the image, to open the file in another tab.
Kayarian ng Salita
The four pdf worksheets below are about Filipino affixes called panlapi. You may print these worksheets for your children or students, but please do not do so for profit. These worksheets are appropriate for third or fourth grade students.
The three 15-item worksheets below ask the student identify the affix or affixes attached to the given word and classify the affix (unlapi, gitlapi, hulapi or kabilaan).
1. Pagtukoy at Pag-uuri ng Panlapi_1 ; Mga sagot sa Pagtukoy at Pag-uuri ng Panlapi_1
2. Pagtukoy at Pag-uuri ng Panlapi_2 ; Mga sagot sa Pagtukoy at Pag-uuri ng Panlapi_2
3. Pagtukoy at Pag-uuri ng Panlapi_3 ; Mga sagot sa Pagtukoy at Pag-uuri ng Panlapi_3
4. Pagtukoy ng Salitang-ugat_2 ; Mga sagot sa Pagtukoy ng Salitang-ugat_2: This 40-item worksheet asks the student to identify the root word of each word with one or two affixes.
Posted in Filipino Worksheets
Tagged Filipino worksheets for Grade 3, Filipino worksheets for Grade 4, gitlapi, hulapi, kabilaan na panlapi, panlapi, panlapi worksheets, salitang maylapi, salitang-ugat, unlapi, unlapi gitlapi hulapi kabilaan
The six free pdf worksheets and answer keys below are about Filipino words with affixes (mga salitang maylapi). You may also find my previous post on Filipino words with affixes or Aralin sa Pagbubuo ng Salita (Maylapi) helpful.
You may print them for your children or students. Please do not use them for profit.
1. Salitang Maylapi_1 (Pagtukoy ng salitang-ugat at panlapi sa salitang maylapi), Mga sagot sa Salitang Maylapi_1: This 20-item worksheet instructs the student to identify the root word, the affix attached to the root word, and the type of affix used.
2. Salitang Maylapi_2 (Pagbigay ng salitang maylapi), Mga sagot sa Salitang Maylapi_2: This 15-item worksheet asks the student to give a Filipino word with a certain type of affix (unlapi, gitlapi, hulapi) and the given root word.
3. Salitang Maylapi_3 (Pagkilala sa salitang maylapi), Mga sagot sa Salitang Maylapi_3: This 20-item worksheet asks the student to identify all the Filipino words with affixes that appear in each sentence.
4. Salitang Maylapi_4 (Pagkilala sa salitang maylapi), Mga sagot sa Salitang Maylapi_4: This 20-item worksheet instructs the student to identify the Filipino word with an affix from a group of words.
5. Salitang Maylapi_5 (Pagtukoy ng salitang-ugat), Mga sagot sa Salitang Maylapi_5: This 40-item worksheet asks the student to identify the root word of each given Filipino word with two affixes (kabilaan).
6. Salitang Maylapi_6 (Pagbigay ng salitang maylapi), Mga sagot sa Salitang Maylapi_6: This 40-item worksheet asks the student to identify the type of Filipino affix (unlapi, gitlapi, hulapi, kabilaan) used in each word.
Posted in Filipino Worksheets
Tagged Filipino affixes, Filipino words with affixes, gitlapi, halimbawa ng salitang maylapi, hulapi, kabilaan, kabilaan na panlapi, mga uri ng panlapi, panlapi worksheets, salitang maylapi, salitang-ugat, unlapi
I was not good at Filipino. As a student, when I had to write a Filipino essay, I would first write it in English, and then translate it in Filipino. The English-Filipino dictionary was an invaluable tool for me. In college, my friend would often correct my Filipino (“Itago, hindi taguin.”)
When my daughter was very young and was only beginning to speak in Filipino, she would use English affixes with Filipino words. When asked what she was doing to an object, she replied “Mom, I’m only ganyaning it.” (She added the sufifix –ing to the Filipino word ganyan.)
Below is the third installment to the lesson on Pagbubuo ng mga Salita. The first one was on Mga Salitang Inuulit. The second was about Tambalang Salita or Filipino compound words. This 15-page pdf file provides many examples of Filipino words that have affixes (unlapi, gitlapi, hulapi, kabilaan, laguhan). There are many Filipino affixes. This lesson does not give them all but it provides the most common affixes used.
Feel free to print it but please do not use it for profit.
Aralin sa Maylapi
Posted in Filipino Lessons
Tagged Filipino affixes, gitlapi, hulapi, kabilaan, kabilaan na panlapi, laguhan, mga halimbawa ng mga salitang maylapi, mga halimbawa ng panlapi, pagbubuo ng mga salita, salitang maylapi, unlapi, uri ng panlapi