Aralin sa Kasarian ng Pangngalan
The pdf lesson above describes the four kinds of Filipino gender (kasarian) nouns, which are masculine nouns (pangngalang panlalaki), feminine nouns (pangngalang pambabae), common nouns (pangngalang di-tiyak ang kasarian), and neuter nouns (pangngalang walang kasarian). Because there are so many neuter nouns, only a list of Filipino masculine, feminine, and common nouns are provided in the lesson.
The lesson also provides a table with many examples of Filipino masculine nouns and their corresponding feminine nouns (for example, ama at ina, lolo at lola, kuya at ate,etc.). This table shows that many such nouns are borrowed from the Spanish language.
You may be wondering why nouns like doktor and doktora were not included in the list of masculine-feminine noun pairs. It is because people still use the word doktor for either a male or female doctor. Only doktora (female doctor) is gender-specific.
The five worksheets and their answer keys below test a student’s knowledge and skill in identifying Filipino nouns that are gender-specific. Feel free to print these for your kids or students. Please do not use them for profit.
1. Kasarian ng Pangngalan_1(Pagtukoy sa kasarian ng pangngalan); Mga sagot sa Kasarian ng Pangngalan_1: This 20-item worksheet asks the student to identify the type of Filipino gender noun used in each sentence.
2. Kasarian ng Pangngalan_2 (Pagtukoy sa kasarian ng pangngalan); Mga sagot sa Kasarian ng Pangngalan_2: This 20-item worksheet is similar to the first one but different gender nouns are used.
3. Kasarian ng Pangngalan_3 (Pagbigay ng katumbas na pangngalan); Mga sagot sa Kasarian ng Pangngalan_3: This 20-item worksheet asks the student to give the corresponding masculine or feminine noun to a given gender-specific noun.
4. Kasarian ng Pangngalan_4 (Pagtukoy sa naiibang pangngalan); Mga sagot sa Kasarian_ng_Pangngalan_4: Given four nouns in each item, this 20-item worksheet asks the student to identify the noun the does not belong in the group.
5. Kasarian ng Pangngalan_5 (Pagpili ng tamang pangngalan); Mga sagot sa Kasarian ng Pangngalan_5: This 20-item worksheet asks the student to choose from a list the correct gender-specific noun to complete a sentence.