Oliotopia | Filipino Vocabulary Words
Below are the descriptions of the products on Filipino Vocabulary Words available at my Teachers Pay Teachers store Oliotopia. If you would like to purchase any of the products, email me using the Contact form in the main menu above. U.S. dollar prices will be converted to Philippine pesos.
150 Common Filipino Words (U.S. $3.50)
Description: This product is written in the Filipino language. It includes a list of 150 common Filipino words that would be most frequently encountered by students reading Filipino reading materials. The words are presented in 15 lists (10 words per list) and are ranked by frequency. It was loosely based on both the Dolch Sight Words and Fry Sight Words for English words. I have removed the common nouns and color words that were included in those lists to be able to add the more frequently used Filipino words. Though I tried to keep related Filipino words together, I had to consider the frequency of certain words.
The product has three PDF files that include the following:
- The PDF file “Mga Karaniwang Salita” has the 15 lists (15 pages) where the learner can read, trace, and write the words. The learner can write the word once or more times, depending on the line space available. The file also has 4 pages listing common Filipino word combinations. The learner can be asked to read the words and color or check the box when he/she has correctly read the words.
- The PDF file “Pagbasa sa Filipino” has 6 short and simple Filipino passages with reading comprehension questions, mostly multiple-choice questions. It also has 3 pages with short passages where the learner can fill in the blanks with the correct words. They could choose from a given list of words.
- The PDF file “Master Lists” (not shown in the preview) includes all the 150 in one page and in 2 pages. This can be used by the parent, teacher, or tutor as a guide. It can also be printed and posted for the learners for review. There are also 5 pages, each with three 10-word lists. Each page can be cut into three lists. The lists can be given to the learner one at a time (in the correct order) for practice. There are boxes beside each word that the learner can color or check when he/she has mastered reading, spelling, and writing the word.
The pages are designed to be printed on letter-sized papers (8.5” x 11”). The product has 43 pages in total.
Click here to see a preview of “150 Common Filipino Words”.
“Mga Bahagi ng Mukha” (Lalaki) Digital Presentation (U.S. $1.50)
Description: This product is written in the FILIPINO language. You need a software that can view PDF files. The product includes three secured PDF files that may only be used for personal, non-commercial on-screen viewing. It is NOT A PRINTABLE.
Two of the PDF files present the ten parts of the face listed below, one slide for each part. Each slide shows the Filipino name for the part of the face, its syllabication, and its English translation. The two files are exactly the same except that for one file, the words for the parts of the face have diacritics. Each of the two files has 13 slides.
1. noo (forehead)
2. kilay (eyebrow)
3. mata (eye)
4. tainga (ear)
5. ilong (nose)
6. pisngi (cheek)
7. bibig (mouth)
8. ngipin (tooth)
9. dila (tongue)
10. baba (chin)
The third PDF file is a set of practice slides. The student is shown a clip art of a child pointing to a part of the face and three choices are given. The next slide shows the correct answer. The file has 23 slides.
This product may be presented by teachers and tutors during online classes, but distribution to students and/or their parents are not allowed.
Click here to see a preview of “Mga Bahagi ng Mukha” (Lalaki). There is a girl version below.
“Mga Bahagi ng Mukha” (Babae) Digital Presentation (U.S. $1.50)
Please read the description for the boy version above.
Click here to see a preview of “Mga Bahagi ng Mukha” (Babae).
Parts of the Body in Filipino (U.S. $4.00)
Description: This product is written in the Filipino language. It has 9 lessons sheets and 18 activity sheets.
The 9 lesson sheets include:
- 2 lists of the parts of the face and body in English and Filipino;
- 4 charts showing the names for the parts of the body (front and back, with boy and girl versions); and
- 3 activity sheets showing the parts of the face and body where the learner can trace the letters for the words.
The 18 activity sheets include:
- 2 activity sheets where the learner is asked to draw the parts of a face and to match the clothing/item with the correct body part;
- 2 different versions of the 3 activity sheets for labeling the parts of the face and body (one with letter boxes and one without);
- 4 activity sheets for naming the body parts (front and back, with boy and girl versions); and
- 3 cut-and-paste activities with 2 pages each on matching the clip art images of the parts of the face and body with the correct words.
Click here to see a preview of “Parts of the Body in Filipino”.
“Mga Salitang Magkasalungat” (Filipino Antonyms) Digital Flashcards (U.S. $4.00)
Description: This product is written in the FILIPINO language. It helps you teach your child or student basic Filipino opposite word pairs. The product is composed of several PDF files designed for personal and non-commercial ON-SCREEN VIEWING. IT IS NOT A PRINTABLE. It may be used for face-to-face/in-person and online classes. This product contains the following:
A. Three PDF files (Set 1, Set 2, and Set 3) that have 3 versions each. Each file shows 12 Filipino opposite word pairs. The versions differ on how these word pairs are shown. Version 1 files show the word pair together side by side on one slide or page (e.g., maliit and malaki). Version 2 files show one word of a word pair first (e.g., maliit), then shows the opposite word next to the first in the second page (maliit and malaki). Version 3 files are like Version 2 files except that the words switch positions (i.e., malaki first, then malaki and maliit next).
B. Each opposite word set (Set 1, 2, and 3) is matched with its own exercise set (Pagsasanay). The words used in the exercise set only include the words in its corresponding opposite word set. In each exercise set, the first page shows a Filipino word in bold and three words are shown next to it. The student is asked to identify which of the three words is the opposite word to the bold word. The next page shows the correct answer. Each exercise set has 12 multiple-choice questions and their corresponding answer keys (24 pages in all).
The product has a total of 12 secured PDF files. The Filipino opposite word pairs included in this product are listed below:
Set 1-Mga Salitang Magkasalungat and Set 1-Pagsasanay (multiple choice)
Set 2-Mga Salitang Magkasalungat and Set 2-Pagsasanay (multiple choice)
Set 3-Mga Salitang Magkasalungat and Set 3-Pagsasanay (multiple choice)
Click here to see a preview of “Mga Salitang Magkasalungat” Digital Flashcards.