The three pdf worksheets below are about Filipino synonyms (magkasingkahulugan) and antonyms (magkasalungat). The second page of each file is the answer key.
You may print and distribute these worksheets to your children or students, but you may not do so for profit.
Please read the words first before giving the worksheets to your child or student to see whether the words are already part of his or her vocabulary.
Salitang Magkasingkahulugan_1 : This 15-item worksheet asks the student to match the Filipino words that are synonyms.
Salitang Magkasalungat_1 : This 15-item worksheet asks the student to match the Filipino words that are antonyms.
Magkasingkahulugan at Magkasalungat : Given three words, the student is asked to draw an X next to the word that is the antonym of the other two words.
For worksheets on Filipino synonym pairs and antonym pairs that are adjectives, please click the two links below.
Pang-uri Worksheets (Part 4)
Pang-uri Worksheets (Part 6)
For a list of Filipino synonym pairs and antonym pairs, click this link to a separate post: Filipino Synonym and Antonym Pairs.
This is my fourth installment of pdf worksheets and their answer keys on Filipino adjectives (pang-uri). Four of the five worksheets below deal with adjectives that are synonyms (mga pang-uring magkasingkahulugan) and adjectives that are antonyms (mga pang-uring magkasalungat).
You may download, print, and photocopy them for your children or students. If you are a teacher, you may use the worksheets to make quizzes or exams. Please do not copy and distribute these worksheets for profit.
1. Kayarian ng Pang-uri_1 ; Mga sagot sa Kayarian ng Pang-uri_1 : This 20-item worksheet asks the student to underline the adjective in each sentence and determine its type according to its form. An adjective may be classified according to how the word is formed. It may be a simple word or root word (payak na pang-uri), an adjective with an affix (pang-uring maylapi), an adjective that is a reduplicated word (pang-uring inuulit), or an adjective that is a compound word (pang-uring tambalan).
The two 20-item worksheets below ask the student to select (from a list) the synonym or the antonym of a given adjective. There are 10 synonym pairs and 10 antonym pairs in each worksheet.
2. Mga Pang-uring Magkasingkahulugan o Magkasalungat_1 ; Mga sagot sa Mga Pang-uring Magkasingkahulugan o Magkasalungat_1
3. Mga Pang-uring Magkasingkahulugan o Magkasalungat_2 ; Mga sagot sa Mga Pang-uring Magkasingkahulugan o Magkasalungat_2
The last two worksheets test a student’s ability to relate adjectives. To be able to see the relationship in objects or words is an important aspect of intelligence. These worksheets would practice their skill in grouping adjectives according to their use (descriptive/cardinal/ordinal), whether they are synonyms or antonyms, or whether they may be used to describe the same thing (like adjectives that may be used to describe weather).
4. Pagpili ng Naiibang Pang-uri_1 ; Mga sagot sa Pagpili ng Naiibang Pang-uri_1 : This 20-item worksheet asks the student to select (from a set of four adjectives per item) the adjective that does not belong in the group. The other three adjectives are related in some way.
5. Pagpili ng Naiibang Pang-uri_2 ; Mga sagot sa Pagpili ng Naiibang Pang-uri_2 : Each item of this 20-item worksheet lists three adjectives. Two of these adjectives are synonyms and the third is an antonym of these two. The student is asked to identify the antonym.
Here are a few Filipino worksheets. Please feel free to print and use them at home for your children or make copies for your students. Please note that the author is not a Filipino teacher. She would appreciate it if you would point out any mistakes that you may find in the worksheets. Thank you.
Parirala o Pangungusap_1
Uri ng Pangungusap_1
Simuno at Panaguri_1
Pantangi at Pambalana_1
Panghalip na panao_1
Magkasingkahulugan at Magkasalungat_1