This is my fourth installment of pdf worksheets and their answer keys on Filipino adjectives (pang-uri). Four of the five worksheets below deal with adjectives that are synonyms (mga pang-uring magkasingkahulugan) and adjectives that are antonyms (mga pang-uring magkasalungat).
You may download, print, and photocopy them for your children or students. If you are a teacher, you may use the worksheets to make quizzes or exams. Please do not copy and distribute these worksheets for profit.
1. Kayarian ng Pang-uri_1 ; Mga sagot sa Kayarian ng Pang-uri_1 : This 20-item worksheet asks the student to underline the adjective in each sentence and determine its type according to its form. An adjective may be classified according to how the word is formed. It may be a simple word or root word (payak na pang-uri), an adjective with an affix (pang-uring maylapi), an adjective that is a reduplicated word (pang-uring inuulit), or an adjective that is a compound word (pang-uring tambalan).
The two 20-item worksheets below ask the student to select (from a list) the synonym or the antonym of a given adjective. There are 10 synonym pairs and 10 antonym pairs in each worksheet.
2. Mga Pang-uring Magkasingkahulugan o Magkasalungat_1 ; Mga sagot sa Mga Pang-uring Magkasingkahulugan o Magkasalungat_1
3. Mga Pang-uring Magkasingkahulugan o Magkasalungat_2 ; Mga sagot sa Mga Pang-uring Magkasingkahulugan o Magkasalungat_2
The last two worksheets test a student’s ability to relate adjectives. To be able to see the relationship in objects or words is an important aspect of intelligence. These worksheets would practice their skill in grouping adjectives according to their use (descriptive/cardinal/ordinal), whether they are synonyms or antonyms, or whether they may be used to describe the same thing (like adjectives that may be used to describe weather).
4. Pagpili ng Naiibang Pang-uri_1 ; Mga sagot sa Pagpili ng Naiibang Pang-uri_1 : This 20-item worksheet asks the student to select (from a set of four adjectives per item) the adjective that does not belong in the group. The other three adjectives are related in some way.
5. Pagpili ng Naiibang Pang-uri_2 ; Mga sagot sa Pagpili ng Naiibang Pang-uri_2 : Each item of this 20-item worksheet lists three adjectives. Two of these adjectives are synonyms and the third is an antonym of these two. The student is asked to identify the antonym.