Oliotopia | Filipino Parts of Speech
Below are the descriptions of the products on Parts of Speech in Filipino available at my Teachers Pay Teachers store Oliotopia. If you would like to purchase any of the products, email me using the Contact form in the main menu above. U.S. dollar prices will be converted to Philippine pesos.
Filipino Nouns (Pangngalan) Worksheets (U.S. $3.50)
Description: This product is written in the Filipino language. It has worksheets on nouns in Filipino, which are called pangngalan, for first to second or third graders. It begins with a description of what nouns are, their categories (person, animal, thing, and place), and the two types (common and proper nouns), and some examples of common and proper nouns. It also includes a variety of worksheets to practice the following:
- Recognizing nouns from a group of words
- Categorizing nouns according to the four categories (tao, hayop, bagay, lugar) and the two types of nouns (di-tiyak na pangngalan/pangngalang pambalana and tiyak na pangngalan/pangngalang pantangi)
- Identifying and writing nouns for objects and people seen in different places
- Identifying the word that is not a noun in a group of four words
- Identifying the noun that belongs to a different category in a group of four nouns
- Matching objects that go together in a cut-and-paste activity
- Reading sentences and identifying the nouns used
- Matching the correct proper noun to a given common noun
- Completing sentences using common and proper nouns
The product is designed to be printed on letter-sized papers (8.5″ x 11″).
Click here to see a preview of “Filipino Nouns (Pangngalan) Worksheets”.
Filipino Concrete and Abstract Nouns (U.S. $5.00)
Description: This product about Filipino concrete and abstract nouns is written in the Filipino language. It consists of the following files with a total of 43 pages:
1. A 15-page PDF document with a discussion on the definitions of Filipino concrete and abstract nouns, over 50 examples of concrete and abstract noun pairs, and over 300 categorized examples of Filipino abstract nouns with their English translations. This document may be used by Filipino teachers and writers as a guide for teaching Filipino concrete and abstract nouns and for creating their own lessons and activities.
2. A set of 15 printable PDF worksheets on Filipino concrete and abstract nouns including sorting, matching, fill in the blanks, and identification activities. These may be used for fourth to sixth graders studying Filipino.
3. A set of PDF files with the answer keys for 13 of the 15 provided worksheets. Answers to two of the 15 worksheets may vary.
Click here to see a preview of “Filipino Concrete and Abstract Nouns”.
Teacher Resource: Filipino Nouns-Kayarian ng mga Pangngalan (U.S. $1.50)
Description: This product is for people who are fluent in both Filipino and English. It is a teaching resource for educators and parents teaching the Filipino language. It consists of eight PDF files (41 pages total) with alphabetical lists of examples of three types of Filipino nouns: (1) affixed nouns, (2) compound nouns, and (3) reduplicated nouns. In Filipino, these nouns are called pangngalang maylapi, pangngalang tambalan, and pangngalang inuulit, respectively.
The nouns are in Filipino and their English translations are provided. The lists can save the educators and parents time in searching for examples of these nouns while they create their teaching or assessment materials.
The PDF files are designed to be printed on letter-sized paper (8.5” x 11”). However, the pages are secured from editing, and the text cannot be copied.
Click here to download a more detailed description of “Teacher Resource: Filipino Nouns”.