This is my fourth installment of pdf worksheets and their answer keys on Filipino adjectives (pang-uri). Four of the five worksheets below deal with adjectives that are synonyms (mga pang-uring magkasingkahulugan) and adjectives that are antonyms (mga pang-uring magkasalungat).
You may download, print, and photocopy them for your children or students. If you are a teacher, you may use the worksheets to make quizzes or exams. Please do not copy and distribute these worksheets for profit.
1. Kayarian ng Pang-uri_1 ; Mga sagot sa Kayarian ng Pang-uri_1 : This 20-item worksheet asks the student to underline the adjective in each sentence and determine its type according to its form. An adjective may be classified according to how the word is formed. It may be a simple word or root word (payak na pang-uri), an adjective with an affix (pang-uring maylapi), an adjective that is a reduplicated word (pang-uring inuulit), or an adjective that is a compound word (pang-uring tambalan).
The two 20-item worksheets below ask the student to select (from a list) the synonym or the antonym of a given adjective. There are 10 synonym pairs and 10 antonym pairs in each worksheet.
2. Mga Pang-uring Magkasingkahulugan o Magkasalungat_1 ; Mga sagot sa Mga Pang-uring Magkasingkahulugan o Magkasalungat_1
3. Mga Pang-uring Magkasingkahulugan o Magkasalungat_2 ; Mga sagot sa Mga Pang-uring Magkasingkahulugan o Magkasalungat_2
The last two worksheets test a student’s ability to relate adjectives. To be able to see the relationship in objects or words is an important aspect of intelligence. These worksheets would practice their skill in grouping adjectives according to their use (descriptive/cardinal/ordinal), whether they are synonyms or antonyms, or whether they may be used to describe the same thing (like adjectives that may be used to describe weather).
4. Pagpili ng Naiibang Pang-uri_1 ; Mga sagot sa Pagpili ng Naiibang Pang-uri_1 : This 20-item worksheet asks the student to select (from a set of four adjectives per item) the adjective that does not belong in the group. The other three adjectives are related in some way.
5. Pagpili ng Naiibang Pang-uri_2 ; Mga sagot sa Pagpili ng Naiibang Pang-uri_2 : Each item of this 20-item worksheet lists three adjectives. Two of these adjectives are synonyms and the third is an antonym of these two. The student is asked to identify the antonym.
This post does not contain worksheets. The link below is a 9-page pdf file that lists key words in learning Filipino grammar. I based the list on the Department of Education’s (DepEd) Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) on Filipino. The list is in English and the terms are translated in Filipino. A few examples are given for some terms. The definitions of these key words or phrases are not given. However, knowing the English equivalent of the term will (hopefully) help one in searching for its meaning.
If you wish to know the Filipino terms for the different kinds of nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs, this list will help you. If you want to know the Filipino names for different punctuation marks, this list will help you. I’ve also included some terms used in studying literature.
It is my hope that this will serve as a short reference guide for parents and teachers. If you find an error in translation, please leave a comment. The contents of the file are listed below.
Key Terms in Learning Filipino
- Letter and Words (Mga Titik at Salita)
- Sentences (Mga Pangungusap)
- Punctuation Marks (Mga Bantas)
- Grammatical Terms (Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Adverbs, Other Parts of Speech)
- Literature Terms
- Other Terms
- Types of Paragraphs (Mga Uri ng Talata)
- Parts of a Book (Mga Bahagi ng Aklat)
- Sections of a Newspaper (Mga Seksiyon ng Pahayagan)
- Parts of a Letter (Mga Bahagi ng Liham)
- Types of Letters (Mga Uri ng Liham)
- Senses (Mga Pandama)
The thumbnails below are links to pdf handwriting worksheets on the Filipino names of days of the week and months of the year. English versions of the worksheets follow the Filipino worksheets. For the months of the year worksheets, 2-page and 1-page versions are provided.
You may download, print, and photocopy them for your children or students, but please do not copy or distribute them for profit.
I finally completed my first set of Filipino worksheets for preschool kids!
This is a 7-page set of handwriting worksheets designed to help a child practice writing the 28 letters of the Filipino alphabet (Alpabetong Filipino). Each page has four letters. Each letter is accompanied by a word (and its illustration) that begins with or uses the letter. Thumbnails of the worksheets are shown below.
All illustrations in this set of worksheets are by samutsamot_mom. Feel free to download, print, and photocopy these worksheets for your students or children. Please do not copy or distribute these worksheets for profit. If you click the link below, you will download all seven pages of the pdf file.